18 April 2010
Posted in Community Resources - Job Resources
Wednesday, April 14, 2010 -- 29 Rabi`Al-Thaani, 1431
JOBS & CAREERS
Ramsey County Job Opportunities. Posted 04-12-10
Reservationist at Three Rivers Park District. Posted 04-12-10
GREEN JOB - Sales Representative at American Resource and Energy. Posted 04-12-10
MANY openings at Express Professionals. Posted 04-09-10
VISTA Supervisor Position for the City of St. Paul. Closes 04-19-10
Summer Teaching Internship at MLC Learning Center. Closes 05-15-10
Facility-Transportation Coordinator. Posted 04-09-10
On Call PCA for Washington and Ramsey County. Posted 04-09-10
Light Housekeeper needed. Posted 04-09-10
Volunteer Coordinator. Posted 04-09-10Family Support Specialist III for the City of Minneapolis. Closes 04-16-10
Wilder Employment Opportunities. Posted 04-09-10
Mechanical Adjusters needed at ATK Commercial Products. Posted 04-07-10
Crew Member at the Minneapolis Institute of Arts. Posted 04-07-10
Merchandise Handler at Slumberland Furniture. Posted 04-07-10
Four Openings at Linder's Garden Center. Posted 04-05-10
Washington County looking for a Senior Employment Counselor. Closes 04-14-10LINKS TO OTHER EMPLOYERS:
http://www.mncn. org/jobs/ default.asp
PROFESSIONAL SERVICES1. Car Repair -- Auto Diagnostics by Osman, 1545 E 38th St., Minneapolis, MN 55407. Tel: 612-722-2200.
2. Child Care -- First Impressions Licensed Family Child Care, Sister Haditha, Coon Rapids, Tel: 763-862-7569 or 763-286-6384.
http://multimedia. mnia.org/ misc/firstImpres sions.pdf
3. Health Care -- Metro Health Care Services LLC / Metro Nursing Services, 1312 Burke Cir. E, Maplewood, MN 55109, Br. Abdi Galgalo Gonjobe, MD, President & CEO. Tel: 651-230-9300. Fax: 651-739-1269. E-mail: drabdigalgalo@ yahoo.com
4. Home Repairs, Improvement, and Remodeling
-- Dry wall & paintingprojects. Br. Jabreel. Tel: 651-248-4788.
-- Home improvement projects and full-range remodeling services. Br. Arafat. Tel: 612-296-6589.
-- Kazadia Remodeler Inc, Br. Diallo Gant, CEO. 651-208-3244 and 651-488-2466. E-mail:
5. Legal Services -- Vet Your Lawyer -- Selecting the right lawyer. Br. Nat Colley, P.O. Box 21732, Eagan, MN 55121. Tel: 323-319-5203 or 877-546-8281
6. Transportation -- Limousine service. Br. Tarek. Tel: 612-209-8888.
EDUCATION & TRAININGI. Free Workshops to enhance your business skills:
Location A: Rondo Community Library, 461 Dale Street, St. Paul, MN 55103
1. 10 Steps to Business Success in a Recession—April 15, 2010, from 6 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
2. Understanding Trademark and Copyright Basics—April 19, 2010, from 6 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
3. Business Training Orientation—April 26, 2010, from 6 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Location B: North Minneapolis Library, 1315 Lowry Ave N, Minneapolis, MN 55411
4. How to Finance Your Small Business—April 22, 2010, from 6 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
II. Training for Job Seekers:
MN North St. Paul Workforce Center Free Workshops Online Registration: Click Here
MN St. Paul Workforce Center Free Workshops Calendar: Click Here
MN 160 E. Kellogg Blvd. MFIP/DWP Free Workshops Calendar: Click Here
BETTER ENGLISH WRITINGPUNCTUATION - simplified
The Semicolon " ; "
A semicolon provides a stronger break than a comma and a weaker break than a period. Use a semicolon in the following cases:
1. Between two closely related sentences not joined by “and,” “but,” “or,” or “nor.”
Example: Many employees in the IT Department were laid off last week; Hassan and his team, however, were not laid off.
2. Between two independent clauses linked by a transitional expression.
Example: I think she is well qualified for the position; besides, she can start working immediately.
Other Transitional Expressions: accordingly, consequently, for example, furthermore, hence, however, moreover, nevertheless, on the contrary, on the other hand, otherwise….
3. Within a series already containing commas, in order to separate one group of related elements from the next group of related elements.Example: We can invite Thomas Mason, CEO, ABC Industries; John McIntyre, President, XYZ Advertising; and May Xiong, Executive Director, PQR Agency.
Please forward this message to others on your list who may not be part of this group; Prophet Muhammad [pbuh] teaches us that
الدال على الخير كفاعله
“The one who guides [another] to something good is equal to one who does good.”
WORK & TRAINING believes that the information listed above is accurate and reliable; however, WORK & TRAINING cannot be held responsible for any job contract, business transaction, professional service, or training that you choose. You have to research employers, suppliers, contractors, and trainers!